- The Community Exchange System helps your small artisanal business to sell more goods and services, and thus become more profitable. The mutual credit exchange has been created to facilitate the achievement of the economic development goals of the Rescue Earth System and the UN Sustainable Development Goals 2030 (SDGs).
As a Rescue Earth Community Exchange System member, you get to trade exclusively in a dynamic marketplace of like-minded people — reaching customers that are more likely to purchase your product or service.
The Rescue Earth Community Exchange System is restricted to small businesses. Transfers over the trading platform are limited to the equivalent of R10,000 per month. The digital only trading platform runs on secure banking software. Trading can take place online or face-to-face at a market or outlet via a web interface or a phone app.
The unit-of-exchange used for accounting in the Rescue Earth Community Exchange System is a Quanta (Qu). 1 Qu = 1 ZAR. Quanta is derived from the plural of Quantum. For example, the Quanta of light needed by a plant to make one glucose molecule from water and carbon dioxide is around 48 photons.
Quantization is one of the foundations of the much broader physics of quantum mechanics. Quantization of energy and its influence on how energy and matter interact (quantum electrodynamics) is part of the fundamental framework for understanding and describing nature.
Glucose is the building block of life, and all the food we eat, and hence all the human energy used to make many of the artisanal products sold via the platform. Quanta is thus a very apt term for the unit-of-exchange used in the Community Exchange!
In addition to being a dynamic trade accounting platform, the Community Exchange is also a highly searchable business directory with a web shop listing products & services, all linked to a shopping cart and the integrated payment system. The web shop is for remote purchases only and members can pay for purchases without using the shopping cart by simply making an online transfer.
Many other benefits of joining the Rescue Earth System which includes Community Exchange membership are:
- Only members (volunteers) can attend the soon to be many online and offline courses for free.
- Being part of a bigger picture increases the exposure of the Community Exchange System
- The ads 4 a cause fundraising platform which is also a Business Directory (ads4acause.com), links to the Community Exchange
- The Community Exchange provides a platform for you to interact with your customers via an integrated messaging system.
- And many more reasons…
No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.